What You Should Know Before You Sell Your North Carolina Mountain Home
Once you understand the major points of selling your North Carolina home, you’ll find the process to be fairly simple. Let’s take a look at what you should know:
- Pricing your Home – If you price your home too low, you’ll end up losing money and giving away possibly thousands of dollars. On the other hand, if you price it too high, you’ll have a hard time finding a buyer as well as giving your competitors an edge. Selling a home can be a very emotional time. Try to remain objective, as this will help you to make the best business decision. After all, your North Carolina home is an asset. Once you have made the decision to sell, treat the selling process as a business deal. With your emotions taken out of the picture, you will able to make smart and objective decisions. The best thing to remember is that a potential buyer isn’t necessarily looking to buy your home, but they’re looking to purchase a house that they can make their home.
- Buyers vs. Sellers Market – If there are many homes on the market in your area, but not many are selling, this is called a “buyers market.” Alternatively, if there are only a few homes on the market and they tend to sell very quickly, this is called a “sellers market.” It’s best to determine which market you’re in before you put your house up for sale.
- Home Improvements – Are there some things that could be fixed before you sell? Ask us what areas could be improved upon to get the most from your home’s sale. Sometimes, fixing up a few minor items can translate into a bigger dollars.
- Your Home’s Appearance – Be sure that your home looks its best before you put it on the market. Clean it from top to bottom, clear out the clutter, and make it appealing to potential buyers.
- Estimate Your Costs – We can give you a very close estimate on the selling costs, including professional fees, excise tax, prorated costs (taxes, association dues, etc.), and other fees typically paid for by the seller. These actually vary from state to state so the rules in NC may be quite different from your states.
- 1031 Exchange - The experts at NCMountainLife.com want you to know how you can buy real estate properties with out paying capital gains. There are numerous rules and regulations that must be followed in order for your sale to pass IRS rules. Click here to learn more about 1031 exchange and how it might effect your real estate transaction.
- How to Buy a Home with your IRA - Use your retirement savings to buy a vacation home you can use for you and your family and earn money from it at the very same time.
- NCMountainLife.com offers a free CD explaining the complete process as well as presents you with many inside and outside tips to ready your home for marketing. Click here to request it. We are aware that you may need to sell your present home prior to coming to the mountains. This can help you get a head start on your neighbors who might also be thinking of selling.
To find out how the team at NCMountainLife.com will specifically market your individual Western North Carolina mountain property and ensure it stands out from other real estate, click here to receive a pre-listing package.