CRS - County Record Search
Sharing Information from your County Record's Research
Agents in the office of NCMountainLife.com will often speak of a CRS Data Sheet on properties we show or that you inquire about. Let’s visit with you about these so you know how useful they can be.
As agents, we always feel that the more information a buyer or seller has about a property, the better decisions that can be made whether you are buying or selling. You have heard many of our agents speak of a CRS data sheet in an email or you may have been given one.
- What does CRS mean? County Record Search
- Where does the information come from? It is gathered off of county websites.
- Why would we share that with you? to give you information that the county has on the property whether you are buying or selling.
- Do we guarantee the information is correct? NCMountainLife.com cannot guarantee that it is correct but we hope so. Humans put in the data and our fingers can make mistakes when putting in information.
- Why should I check it each year? To determine if there have been changes made and to see if the information given is still current.
- What could change? Your address, taxes, mortgages, square footage, etc.
- What should I do if I want changes made? Contact your county where the property is located.
- Details on what a County Records Search may have…see below.
County Records Search:
What information can be obtained from a county record search:
- Property Legal Description
- General Property information including PIN number, account number
- Current Owner and Address
- Area Map
- Sales history, Current and Previous Owners
- Deed Book and Page
- Liens or Mortgage information
- Tas Value
- Tax Amount
- Building information ie: Year built, Square footages, land size, Bedrooms, Baths
- Flood zone information
If you would like for us to send you a record of what details the county has on your property, please email us. We are glad to help.
Please provide the following information on your property in your email to us..
- Property Address include street add, city, state and zip
- Parcel Number if you have it
- County the property is located in
- Owner's Name on the Property