151 Jocassee Trail
A first time opportunity to see an Old World Mountain Lodge designed by Allen Brown. Perfectly sited in a comfortable notch on Whitewater Ridge with long mountain and lake vistas, this tastefully done home has all the conveniences with traditional features and sensitive touches. Vaulted ceilings with heavy antique timbers softened by cinnamon hued cypress horizontal plank paneling that produces a cool serene atmosphere during the day and a comfortable glow in the evening.
The perennial gardens are gorgeous!!! Off the kitchen is a screened porch with fireplace for that glass of wine after dinner or afternoon lounging in the hammock. Two additional decks provide stunning views of Lake Jocassee. The third deck with another charming fireplace is a favorite spot for family gatherings with a large spacious area for dining. The home has a wine cove for those special bottles. The two dining areas give you a choice for an intimate setting for two or one for a large family gathering. The home also provides a large great room with a large custom fireplace designed to heat the room or with a cooking grill which can be added for that tasty meal by the fire.
Off to one side is the library that provides that special spot to enjoy your favorite novel. The master suite has two bedrooms and two baths for that extra privacy. The master bath provides a large walk-in steam shower and a Jacuzzi tub overlooking Lake Jocassee for those leisure soaks and a second shower for convenience. The home has three spacious garages...The large double garage is home to the four wheel drive vehicle to provide for trips throughout the property on old logging trails. The third can be for that special car or if one likes to work with wood...a shop. The home is also equipped with a generator and Lutron lighting. The perennial planted yard welcomes those that enjoy Mother Nature. All throughout the year it provides a backdrop drop of color for the home.
The home can be bought fully furnished with a lot of interesting unusual and unique antique pieces.
- MLS Number: 77949
- Acres: 6.58
- Garage: 3
- Flooring: Slate, Wall/Wall Carpet, Oak Wood
- Construction: Frame, Stone, Post & Beam Timber Frame,
- Roof: Grand Manor Roof
- Style: Elegant Old World Lodge Charm
- 4 bedroom, 4 baths, 1 ½ bath plus bonus or exercise room
- 10’ High ceilings except for those with vaulted ceilings.
- Entire home has cypress panels inside treated with natural wax
- Many Loewen insulated doors and windows makes it light and bright.
- All interior doors in homes are walnut
- Cherry wood cabinets
- All oak floors throughout the home except one upper carpeted guest suit
- Gorgeous stone fireplace in living room
- Antique timber beams in living and dining areas
- Top of the line kitchen appliances
- Large master bath, bay window with Lake Jocassee view, Jacuzzi, steam shower, granite counter, slate floor
- 2 master bedrooms on main floor
- Vaulted ceilings compliment the 2 upper level bedrooms
- Walk-in closets
- Three bathrooms have slate floors and slate countertops
- Wrought iron accents the stairwell and the upstairs oversized hallway providing views to dining and living areas.
- Large cedar closets
- Bonus room could be exercise room.
- 3 extra storage rooms
- Mud Room
- Wet bar
- Wine storage
- Designer wooden 3” Northern white cedar hand carved front door-fabulous!
- 3 Deck areas, 1 screened, 2 covered, 2 gorgeous stone outdoor fireplaces
- Double car garage, single 3rd car garage used as workshop
- Post and beam timber frame
- Grand Manor Roof
- Cedar shingles
- Floor and railings of porches made from Iron Wood
- Wooden garage doors
- Dry crawl space with concrete floor under entire home
- Magnificent year round view over Lake Jocassee
- Borders the Nantahala National Forest
- Elevation: 4000’+
- Garden Space
- Gated Community
- Hiking trails in community
- Old logging downhill trail
- 2.5 hrs. to Atlanta, 1.5 hrs. to Greenville Asheville airport 60 min.
- 20 KW Full Home Generator
- 4 Separate Air conditioning units
- Lutron “intelligent” lighting system
- Alarm system
- Wireless high speed internet… excellent
- Wireless phone service…excellent
- Lightning protection system installed by a German specialist
- Wireless weather station
- Private community water